Wednesday, May 20, 2009@12:49 AM
mentaiko pasta recipe for miaochan
because i'm only cooking this for myself so the ingredients and amounts are hit and miss.
ingredients:
half a sac of mentaiko*1
half a teaspoon of butter
half a teaspoon of kewpie mayo
half a sheet of nori / 1 pack chili nori*2
angelhair pasta - 1 serving
first mix your pasta sauce - put the softened butter, mayo and mentaiko in a bowl and mix well. you can taste and add soy sauce if you find it not salty enough.
boil your pasta, it takes only 2 mins tops for angelhair pasta to cook. drain well and toss immediately in the mentaiko paste. mix well.
shred the nori on top of the pasta.
tada! mentaiko pasta ready to eat.
*1 - I bought mentaiko from 1U Jusco. It was rm2x.xx for 3 sacs. I bought mine near its expiry date so there was 30% off
*2 - You can use any type of seasoned nori I think. I used the chili spicy nori from the 100 yen shop
The mayo and butter amounts are flexible. I put less to be more healthy (snort). You can also add a soft boiled egg like wafu-style pasta.
This is a dry pasta. There is no sauce at all for my version. The taste of mentaiko is subtly salty and spicy. No fishy taste.
It's expensive so I won't be gila buying this and experimenting.
Miao, post on your blog if you cook this!